Do you have a passion for boats? We have the perfect role for you…….
Trainee Sales and Maintenance Associate
The Hobie Centre a small business based on the beach in Rockley Park, Poole. We have been selling all products from Hobie for the last 20 years.
Here is a little bit about our main supplier – Hobie. Since 1950, Hobie has been in the business of shaping a unique lifestyle based around fun, water, and quality products. From their headquarters in California, Hobie produce an impressive collection of watercraft for worldwide distribution. In addition to Hobie Cats for which they are well-known, Hobie also offers stand-up-paddle boards, kayaks, and boats for both recreation and fishing. Each product line is also complimented with a comprehensive array of parts and accessories. You can learn more by looking at our website www.hobiecatcentre.co.uk.
At the Hobie Centre we pride ourselves on good customer service, we offer on the water demos for our customers from our beach side location.
If you have an interest in fishing, sailing and kayaking this could be an enjoyable role for you.
We are looking for a Trainee Sales and Maintenance Associate that can turn their passion for boats into sales. The role entails: –
• Answering phone calls and sales enquiries on boat sales, spare parts
• Seeing through sales enquiries on boats including demos, invoicing and handover
• Processing spare parts orders to ensure timely arrival with the customer
• Preparation of new and used boats for handover. Including equipment and accessory installation
• Maintenance of fleet of demo boats including kayaks and catamarans
• Participation in Boat Shows/Fishing Events as required, this will include longer hours and periods away from home. (London, Southampton.)
• Taking clients out on sail kayak adventures. (Rib driving if qualified)
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:-
• A strong passion for boats
• Excellent customer service skills
• A knowledge of the workings of boats
• Ability to work in a small team
• A methodical approach
• An ability to manage own time
• An ability to work independently and without close supervision
• A willingness to learn and develop sales skills
• A willingness to learn about the products and spare parts in detail.
Salary = Minimum Wage + Commission
If you believe you are suited to this role please get in touch with us on 07966 492575 and speak to Hazel or email email@example.com with your cv.